Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mom Update

Most of you don't know my mom other than by reputation. I'm telling you now, straight up, my mom's a trooper. She's awesome. So many times in her life she could have taken the easy out but never once did. I want to be her when I grow up. I want my kids to know what an amazing person she is. We are all lucky to have her. 

She finished her first round of chemo this week (4 sessions over two weeks) and is feeling fantastic. No, really. It's like she's on crack. She hasn't felt this good in six months. She's been cooking and working in the yard and going into town. She asked me to bring the kids to see get this weekend. She wants to come spend the night with us one day next week. 

I blame the mega steroids. 

Whatever it is, I just want to soak up the happy energetic lady I love so much while she's feeling good. I fear it won't last much past the next few treatments but I can enjoy it now. 


No comments: