Wednesday, April 11, 2012

3 Month Dinosaur Update

 My little velocipotamus turns 3 months old today.

Really?

Seems like a whole lot longer than 3 months since my little man showed up and plunged us into craziness. Luke's growing up.


You'd never know this little guy spent two weeks in the NICU. Somebody must have told him that he was turning 3 months old today because he suddenly grew out of his 0-3 month clothes during lunch. Literally. I went to change his diaper after lunch and couldn't snap his outfit back. It was too short. I could barely get it over his head to change him into something else. Talk about a growth spurt.

He's doing bigger boy things, too. He's smiling and talking and utterly fascinated by the ceiling fan in his room. He spent an hour watching it yesterday. He's also intrigued by his mobile and that handsome baby in the crib mirror, who also follows him around in the car mirror. He likes baths but hates naps. If he's not moving, he's not sleeping. It can be the bouncy seat or the car, doesn't matter, but if he stops moving his little eyes pop right open. He doesn't get upset much unless he's hungry or has fought the sleep too long. He does seem confused by the white furry creature that keeps licking him. He'll soon learn that Casper is a great toy.

Reading up on his development in Wonder Weeks tells me we're on track. His appetite has slacked off with his 12 week developmental growth spurt. He doesn't sleep as well either, unless of course he's moving. He is suddenly more alert and interested in his surroundings. Lights. Things that move. Loud noises startle him. He wants to eat anything he finds in his lap. His coordination isn't there yet and he can't quite catch that thumb he wants to chew on, but he's trying very hard. Yesterday he grabbed a right on the toy bar over his bouncy seat, although I don't know if it was intentional or accidental. Either way, once he grabbed it he held it in a death grip for a long time! He's got awesome head control and likes for me to pull him up by his hands into a sitting position. I think we're a couple of weeks away from needing to break out a play saucer for him. 

And did I mention he's starting to make awesome expressive faces? I just love that. :)



4 comments:

Allison said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I need to hold that child VERY soon because he is JUST too darn adorable for me not to!

I also don't think it's fair for BOTH your kids to be so STINKIN' CUTE!

thestegalls said...

Wow. He's so cute...and so big. Love the pictures.

Susan said...

I have no explanation for my kids' cuteness. Really. I'm baffled by it. Defies the laws of genetics.

Nicole Bradshaw said...

He's adorable!!