Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions

I was reading through a backlog of posts on my Bloglines feed today and noticed a lot of "New Year's Resolution" posts. I can honestly say it's January 6 and I haven't put a lick of thought into resolutions. Then again, I rarely do. But this year, naturally, I've had other things on my mind and frankly I know better than to think I'll be able to stick to any kind of plan over the next few months.

If I were inclined to resolve to do something this year, it might look something like this:

1. Sleep. Eventually.
2. Make a point to give Kaycie special attention, in spite of the newness and demands of MicroTot.
3. Give MicroTot special attention, in spite of the second-child-syndrome.
4. Give my husband special attention, in spite of the insanity of having two kids under 3 in our house.
5. Make waffles.
6. Survive.

That's all I've got. Sure, I need to eat better, but I know there will be a lot of white bags in our house over the next few months, like it or not. I'd like to think I could work in an exercise routine, not to lose weight (apparently I'm on the pregnancy diet again) but just to be healthier. Not likely to happen any time soon. I dream of getting organized and clearing clutter out of my house, but at this point that's laughable. At this point, I want to make it to next Christmas alive and fairly healthy and be able to say my kids are not only still alive and fairly healthy, but happy and developing on their own schedule. That'll be enough this year.

No comments: