Friday, September 23, 2011

Omens

So, for as long as my kid has been able to say "Mamaw" and she's been known to run around the house calling for her Mamaw, but she has never once specified which of the three she wanted.

Last night around 5pm she started running around the beach house calling for a mamaw, but this time she was saying "Mamaw Reesie," her name for my Grandma Reese. I looked at Greg and he just shrugged, she's never done that before. And Grandma Reese is the one she'd be least likely to call for, since she's the one she's spent the least amount of time with. It was just plain weird.

I sent my mom a text to tell her about it, since Grandma was still in ICU but doing better and I figured that might give her a giggle. She always thought it was funny that Kaycie called her Mamaw Reesie. Mama responded a few minutes later that she was with Grandma and that Grandma smiled when she told her.

The next text I got was 4 hours later, from my dad, telling me that Grandma Reese was gone. She'd had another erratic heart episode like the one the night before but didn't recover this time.

2 comments:

GrammarGirl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Allison said...

I'm so sorry Susan. That is just plain odd about Kaycie calling for her.....

You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. Love ya girl.