Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mash Up - Bizarreness

I've been sneezing and stuffy for 2 months. I'm tired of it. It freaking summer. I've never had the ickies this long during the summer. And this week it's getting to the point of actually being sick. Grrrr.

My brother is officially getting married. They set a date and his fiance has ordered the dress. It's going to be a really really really cold March, people. Like, snow in hell cold.

In even more bizarre news, my future sister-in-law has in all dead faced seriousness asked me to photograph the wedding. Clearly, she's never seen my photography! I'm going to do it, because they asked and why not, but seriously, I'm not a pro. I don't have pro equipment. I don't have pro skills. I've never really photographed adults before... Deep breaths...

I haven't mentioned this here because it's not so much my thing and I don't like to discuss other people's personal stuff in a somewhat public forum, but my BFF Sharonda has been having some complications with her pregnancy. As in, she went into labor a wee bit early. Like, 32 weeks. She's already further dilated and effaced than I ever was with Kaycie (until they forced her out). She wasn't able to take the shots to help the little guy develop his lungs because she had an allergic reaction to the first shot, which doesn't help without the second shot. She's on meds to stop contractions and so far they're helping, and is on total strict bed rest for the duration. She has to get to 34 weeks to breathe a little easier on the lung development, preferably 36-38. She'll be at 34 weeks on Monday. For those of you so inclined, she could use some extra prayer to get her through the next few weeks. This pregnancy hasn't been easy from the start. She's already been hospitalized 4 times! Hopefully there won't be any more drama before Baby Mason arrives, much closer to full term.

With my luck, that "much closer to full term" will land smack in the middle of the week we're going to be at the beach, which we scheduled around her original "we won't let you go past X weeks" date. I'm just saying, she better keep her legs crossed that week!

I need to go to bed. Not that I'll sleep, because that's something I don't do much these days. It's not for a lack of desire or need, I'm just usually in too much discomfort from a variety of pregnancy and sinus related issues. Like joint pain in my knees that only shows up when I lay down. And massive attacks of heartburn that wake me up in the middle of the night. And of course there's my kid that woke up at 6am this morning. Again. And appears to be on a nap strike, which means I don't get naps either. Tomorrow she's back at school, and my big plan as of right now is to crash and get a nice, long, uninterrupted nap! (No, I don't really expect that to work out.)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Praying for your friend. That is scary.