Monday, August 15, 2011

Pink or Blue

So Tuesday is the big day. We'll have our hour long high risk anatomy scan with Dr. Perry in the morning. His scheduler called me today and said they were having to reschedule because he had to do a procedure in the morning. I freaked out. Seriously. Not while I was on the phone with her, but right after. I had to all but bend time to make arrangements for this appointment. Greg's taken off work. My sweet, sweet mother took two days off work, kept Kaycie all weekend, brought her home today and is spending the night so she can keep her tomorrow morning so we don't have to wrangle a toddler during the sonogram. Every time we've taken Kaycie into a sonogram room she's freaked out on us, so I really, really didn't want to deal with that tomorrow. Furthermore, she wanted to reschedule us for Thursday at 2. Kaycie goes down for naps at 1:30. Not only do I not want to wrangle her in a sono room for an hour (at least, if there's no delay), I most certainly don't want to wrangle a very sleepy Kaycie in a sono room for an hour!

I explained all this to the scheduler lady. I told her that if nothing else, I needed to reschedule for a morning time, because I absolutely cannot deal with my toddler during nap time. She said she'd call me back. Sure enough, within 30 minutes she called me back and said to show up at 9:30, they'd go ahead and take care of me. Turns out she has a 1 1/2 year old granddaughter. She didn't want Kaycie up there either!

Sooo... tomorrow we should find out what we're having. I consulted two different websites with the Chinese gender prediction calendars, one said girl and one said boy. Useful. I asked for predictions on Facebook and got a tie. We started to buy one of the gender prediction kits you can buy at Walgreens just for fun, but it was $40 and we decided it wasn't that much fun. It's ok. We should know tomorrow.

More importantly, we should know if there are any issues with physical development. That's not something I worry about, mostly because there's nothing I can do about it and there's no point in worrying about it, but it'll be a relief to know nothing's wrong. I've refused all other genetic testing they've offered, because it wouldn't matter. I'm not willing to terminate regardless, so if there's any genetic issues we'll know about it when MicroTot arrives.

Now we just wait...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Praying for a great report this morning and thankful you were able to get the appointment time worked out!

Can't wait to hear the pink/blue verdict!