Sunday, August 28, 2011

Funniest Kid Ever

So we made our second attempt to transition Kaycie to her big girl bed tonight. I put her In the bed, read a pile of books, sang 10 verses of the "Mama Loves Kaycie" song, and left her screaming.

By the time I got to the living room she was quiet. Big faker. I sighed in relief, waited a few minutes, then got in the tub.

It took her less than an hour to discover she was now free to escape.

By the time I got out of the tub I saw a little face peeping out from her door. As soon as she spied me she closed the door. Every minute or so I would hear the door crack open fir a few seconds then close. If she didn't see me she might stick her head out or whisper to the pup who was guarding her door. If she did see me she'd close the door quickly.

I finally went and got her, put her back in the bed (after cleaning every book she owns out of her bed), told it was time to sleep and that I would see her tomorrow. She said, "Tomorrow.  BYE." Not 30 seconds later I heard the door crack open again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Greg is now taking his turn putting her back in bed. It's going to be a long night. I'm curious to see where we find her in the morning. She may never take another nap again.