Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Blahs

What do you mean it's been a week? Oh, I see. Well, cut me some slack, I'm feeling like slug slime these days.

Based on history and Greg's memory, I have about 3 or 4 more weeks until the 2nd trimester energy surge kicks in. Based on my current situation, that's not soon enough. Most days by noon I'm too tired to move. After naps I'm still exhausted. By Kaycie's bedtime I just want to collapse. Last night I did. I crashed for 2 hours, woke up for about an hour and a half, went back to bed, and slept like the dead. Woke up exhausted. Now here we go again.

Did I mention I have over 1,000 blog posts in my bloglines that I haven't gotten around to dealing with yet? Today's the first time I've turned on my computer since the weekend.

Thankfully we're planning to go to my parents' house this weekend, which means my mom will swoop in and take over my child while I lay on the couch and die. Sounds heavenly.

Yesterday I saw Dr. T for a tot check. Everything was fine. I was too tired to even call my mom and tell her we went, but it was one of those check ups that I really felt like we could have had over the phone. They didn't take any blood, didn't do any tests, just looked at me, asked me how I felt, called in some Claritin D, and sent me off. I'm not sure dragging myself and my kid to the office was worth it.

Our next visit in 3 weeks, however, is worth it. We've even made childcare arrangements already, because we know we'll be there at least an hour if not more for the high risk anatomy scan. That's when we should find out if everything is ok with our little MicroTot, and if we're hitting pink or blue. Kaycie has always been a little freaked out by the sonogram room anyway, so we decided not to take her this time. My mom doesn't know it yet, but I'm about to see if she wants to make a weekend of it and keep Kaycie from Friday until that Tuesday afternoon after our appointment.

I also had a dentist appointment yesterday during which I had to tell Dr. B that I hadn't had my tooth extracted in June like I was supposed to (although Greg had already told him). Our plan had been to have it taken out before I got preggers to prevent any potential problems it might cause during pregnancy. Whoopsie. Meanwhile, he found a cavity in tooth we'd been watching for a while. The conversation went like this:

Dr. B: It started out as a stain, but now I can poke my instrument in it. We'll take care of that after the baby is here.

Me: If you'd quit poking that instrument in my teeth I'd quit having cavities! Why do you keep poking holes in my teeth? Guess you need the money for the twin's college fund???

Dr. B: (laughing) I didn't cause it! It got soft!

Me: ... And you poked your instrument in there and made a hole! You're the reason I have cavities.

Thankfully Dr. Boswell has a great sense of humor. And knows better than to really argue with a pregnant lady.

I have a recipe I need to post. Maybe later today. Or tomorrow. Or whenever I'm awake and not trying to read a book about purple things to my kid at the same time.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Aww. Your post made me sleepy. =)

I'd so keep Kaycie for you if we lived closer you know that right?

Why don't y'all move a little further south? Get away from suburbia and enjoy country living. The pup and Kaycie would LOVE it.

Hang in there chick!