Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Honey Glazed Rolls from Heaven

Greg couldn't eat enough of these rolls that I mentioned in my last post. While I have to admit, they weren't my grandma's rolls (what rolls are?) the little dab of honey made them really tasty! These are also from the Taste of Home Baking Book.

Honey Glazed Rolls

1C warm milk (70-80 degrees)
1 egg
1 egg yolk (save the white for the glaze)
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1-1/2 tsp salt
3-1/2 C bread flour
2-1/4 tsp active dry yeast

Glaze:
1/3 C sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp honey
1 egg white

In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order. Select dough setting and activate. Check after 5 minutes to see if you need to add 1 to 2 tbs water or flour to get the right consistency.

When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. (I'm wondering if my dough isn't getting a rise before it finished the cycle. It doesn't DO anything the last 10-15 minutes. I may try skipping this rise.)

Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each into two greased 9 inch square baking pans. (This is where I freeze some of mine!) Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

For glaze, combine sugar, butter, honey and egg white; drizzle over dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (325 for my crazy oven) until golden brown. Brush (drizzle, smear) with additional honey if desired. No, do it. Really. YUM.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ok, if you post one more time about homemade bread of any kind without inviting me over for some or bringing me some, I will personally hunt you down. And your little dog too.

Susan said...

Wait a minute... You'll come take my dog if I DO make you bread or if I DON'T? Cause I'm willing to either if you'll take the crazy pup!
But seriously, next time you're going to be in town let me know I'll bake you something! You're totally invited any time!