Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kaycie




Dude, that child is stubborn.

We had a long, long day and a longer evening, but Kaycie finally arrived at 6:16pm. It wasn't exactly fun, and whoever had the idea that the epidural wasn't really necessary was crazier than a bat. Kaycie was not only slow to cooperate, she was transverse and got the idea that sitting on a couple of my nerves was a good idea. Like the nerve that shoots pain through my hip. Whoever had the idea that turning off my epidural in the middle of all this was a good idea was even crazier. But we got it done. After two solid hours of pushing.

8lbs, 7oz. 21 inches. Amazon for a child who wasn't supposed to be very big per Dr. T.

But she's just as adorable as she can be. Waiting on her to get out of transition now, hopefully in the next half hour or so. Even though I was in a drug induced stupor most of the day, I'm exhausted. Going to work on getting some rest now.

3 comments:

GrammarGirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful and I'm glad all are well. And yes, an induction without an epidural is a particularly bad idea. Hope you are able to get some rest. Congrats again to you and Greg.

black betty said...

CONGRATS, MOM!!! she's adorable. so glad to hear all is well. :)

Nicole Bradshaw said...

What a little cutie!! Two hours isn't that bad. It took me that long to deliver Clay, and he was about the same size as your little one.

I hope that you are resting as much as you can be and enjoying your sweet little bundle of baby love!