Sunday, November 22, 2009

Backlog

While playing the odds on how many wet diapers I can change in a two hour period (so far we're up to 4, if anybody's counting), I realized I never did share one of the more hilarious moments from our stay in the hospital the day after Kaycie's birth.

The hospital phone rings quite early that morning. Greg answers it and a woman from scheduling informs him that she's calling to schedule our baby's circumcision...

Ummmm.

Now I'm wondering why my child is still awake. Aren't newborns supposed to sleep like 22 hours a day? She's been up since like 5:30. It's now 9:30. She's been fed twice in that time and should be in a milk coma. I put her down less than 10 minutes ago and now I hear her mumbling away in her crib. Seriously child. I hope this means she plans to sleep a loooong time tonight!

3 comments:

Allison said...

=) hope she's getting into more of a pattern for you.

Allison said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susan! I'm thankful for you and that sweet little blessing that you just received!

black betty said...

LMAO!