Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Practice

I knew better than to make the comment that I'd all but quit having Braxton-Hicks contractions yesterday.

They started back with a vengeance about 10pm last night. Apparently Tot decided she needed more practice. Lasting longer this time, anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute, and kept going off and on until after 3:30am. Usually I can sleep through them, they don't hurt they're just uncomfortable. The problem last night was that every time one started to end Tot would spend the next two minutes kicking the daylights out of me. She wasn't liking it. Nobody in our house got much sleep last night.

When we went to the doc last week I wasn't really surprised to find that we hadn't made any progress. If we get that report this week I'll be very surprised. My belly seems farther away than it did a few days ago, although from this perspective it really is hard to tell. Seems like I'm feeling more pressure lower in my abdomen than before as well, and she doesn't seem to be kicking right at my rib cage now, but a bit below it. Surely she's dropped at least. And with all the contractions and kicking last night I would expect to see a little dilation. We'll see tomorrow at the next doc visit. I know it could still be a week or two before she gets serious, but I hope she doesn't make a habit of nights like last night in the meantime.

Perhaps I should put some more thought into packing a bag...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

We know you love packing!

At my Memorial Day party in 2006, I bragged about how smoothly my pregnancy had gone that far. No morning sickness, weight gain right on track, no gestational diabetes, everything was sunshine and daisies and puppies. Next day, my water broke. I will never ever brag about a pregnancy again!

Susan said...

Don't get me started on the packing. Which weather do I pack for? And we don't really have enough clothes to pack up three sets and leave it there for two weeks if it comes to that... Can't pack up toiletries, we'll be using those. Sigh.

I will admit I stayed just a little nervous until we got over 30 weeks, then 36. Now it's just a matter of melting the cheese, she should be fully cooked!

Allison said...

I'm just waiting for the multiple series of posts about "Yeah yeah yeah, I'm having Braxton Hicks"

Then "Wow, these Braxton Hicks sure are starting to hurt."

Then "SOMEBODY CALL GREG! THESE AREN'T BRAXTON HICKS!!!"

=)

Susan said...

Yeah, that's how I know they're not "real." They don't hurt. When they start to hurt I'll start to get more concerned! I can pretty much ignore them now, until Tot starts pummeling me!