Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Patience

Seems I have a very patient child. That or she's convinced the way out is by climbing my rib cage. I keep telling her that's not an exit, but she doesn't listen.

But she's growing. Which I already knew. She's getting heavy.

And that sums up the results of my visit to the Tot Doc today.

Oh, and I would just like to confirm that after watching that show about the family with 19 kids last night, I have no intention of deciding at the last minute to have a home birth. No way, no how. I want my kid surrounded my doctors and nurses and very expensive medical equipment when she arrives. I am in no way qualified to determine if she's perfectly healthy aside from counting fingers and toes. I'll gladly pay somebody with more education than I every wanted to give me that report.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

that settles it...even with the 7 year age difference she and Edwin are PERFECT for each other...he thought the same thing about my ribs.

Susan said...

I thought about Edwin when she said that yesterday! Every time Tot moves, I feel it either right under my ribs or on the side. No doubt she's not quite ready to pack her bags and move out yet. But that's ok. She needs to be good and cooked before we get her out of the oven!

Allison said...

Don't even get me started on home births. You saw my rant a few weeks ago. Don't EVEN go there.

Nicole Bradshaw said...

I feel exactly the same way about home births. They are all well and good, as long as nothing goes wrong. And if it does? Well, you're in labor, packing your junk up, heading to the hospital, and praying traffic isn't bad. Yeesh. Like I didn't have enough to worry about.