Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Not That I Don't Appreciate...

It's that time. BFF Jen has started harassing me to put together an invite list for a baby shower in September. SIIIIGH. It's not that I don't love all my friends and appreciate hanging with them, I just hate having to put together the invite list. What's the rules on that? I mean, I know we'll probably have 4 different showers. Who goes on which list? And how good of friends do you have to be to ask them to buy you stuff? Especially right now, when I know good and well that most of my friends don't have the money to spend on baby stuff for me. Can you have a baby shower where people aren't really expected to bring gifts? I dunno. I can only put Jen off for so long before she hunts me down and beats me.

And hey, you're all invited! Just send Jen your address for an invite. I know you're all dying to buy me stuff. =)

4 comments:

Allison said...

Sweet! I'll buy you sumpfin!

black betty said...

i'm there!!! :D

GrammarGirl said...

I would love to come. And if you really don't want or need anything, how about having a "casserole" shower, where we cook you yummy things to stock your freezer for those times you don't have the energy or desire to cook once Tot makes her appearance. Or folks could make a donation to a charity in Tot's honor in lieu of gifts. Or you could have a "book" shower, where everyone gives his or her favorite children's book. Those aren't too expensive and that puts all gift-givers on equal footing. Just some thoughts. It's really about spending time with you and celebrating the new life, and playing dumb shower games :-).

Susan said...

Um, no dumb shower games. Hear that Jen? Remember when I intentionally refused to allow dumb shower games at yours?? I expect the same!! =)