Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WOOHOO! It's Here!

Ding dong! Fed Ex man! Whatever could it be???




My new laptop is here! Open the box...



Let the pup investigate...



TADA! It's my new laptop!!




The only thing I don't like it that it doesn't have a built in card reader for my camera's SD card, but that's not a deal breaker. I can buy a card reader. Frankly, I thought having one on my last laptop was a luxury. I just don't like having to plug my camera up directly to the computer. It's a quirk I have.

UPDATE: Or perhaps I'm just too dumb to find the card reader, which my dear husband located for me. It's perfect after all!

Anyway, I booted it up and it's huge compared to my tiny old computer. Now I have to shut it down and leave it alone until Greg gets home to install Windows Fishie (Windows 7 Beta) on it and set up the wireless and the printer and all the other geek stuff that I don't have to mess with anymore because I married a man with skills.

One final inspection...



Casper says, "I don't like it!" Therefore, it passes inspection and can stay! Woo! Back in the box now.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm jealous. But I can't get high speed at my house so it would just be a waste anyway.

black betty said...

we are about to order a laptop and a new PC. i'm gettin' pumped!!! :D

me likey yo 'puter...