Monday, April 27, 2009

What Was That? (I Blame Clucky)

So I'm minding my own business, surfing FB, when Clucky's status regarding biscuits, and later comments involving gravy, suddenly made me realize that I might very well die if I didn't get a biscuit and gravy. NOW. AS IN RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE.

Well, I'm a bit too scared of our local Waffle House to go there alone (if you've been to the Clinton WH, you know why) and there isn't a Cracker Barrel in close enough range, so I decided to suck it up and go buy a box of frozen breakfast biscuits at the scary grocery store near my house. On the way back from the freezer case I decided I also needed pasta in a box. LOTS of pasta in a box. I think I may have just spent as much on pasta in a box as Greg did on his ticket to see Cirque tonight. Sorry honey.

And then I ran the only red light in the two blocks back to my house, so I could nuke the biscuit before falling over dead.

And for the record, that was quite possibly the worst biscuit ever. And didn't actually include the gravy I wanted. But I didn't die, and the need for it has passed without endangering any lives but my own, so it was successful. Whew.

For the record, I think that was my first genuine pregnancy food emergency. I mean, yeah, I've had days where I wanted fake cheese, or salsa, but not in the sense that I might die if I didn't get it right this moment. Now I just hope I have a serious pasta in a box craving sometime soon. That or the apocalypse comes, because I think I'm prepared for it now.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Sonic has biscuits and gravy. It's not really good sausage gravy, like I make, but it'll do in a pinch.

Susan said...

And you can get it all day... WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THAT AN HOUR AGO??? I'd have eaten McDonald's biscuit and gravy if they had been serving! Ok, I need to get a notebook and start a breakfast food availability list...

Sandi said...

KFC

Church's (they have honey biscuits. divine)

Popeye's

Susan said...

(scribbling notes)

I love you guys more than you will ever know.

From the Doghouse said...

Sounds to me like you just need to go to Stacey's next time.

And if you're ever downtown, Miller's has awesome breakfast.

Allison said...

I have food emergencies a lot. And I'm not pregnant. =)

Yummm!!! Biscuits!! The one thing I TRULY miss on South Beach. You can keep your chocolate, your potatoes but man. Some days, I'd near about kill for a biscuit.

GrammarGirl said...

You make me smile. And isn't it convenient how close the Sonic is? And you can get a great soft drink there, too. I love their ice.

Susan said...

Yes, they provided my dinner tonight. Cheese sticks at 9:45pm! Sad, I know. Greg needs to get home so I eat.

CluckyRN said...

Oh, blame ME.

You know you wanted that biscuit...you are just looking for a scapegoat.

For the record, Ward's has the best butt-kicking sausage gravy and biscuits..'cept your mama, of course.

~:>

Susan said...

It's my Granny Butler's biscuits and gravy I miss. Sigh. Why didn't I make her teach me before the Alzheimer's hit? Too young to realize, I guess. The only thing better was her homemade rolls. **drool**