Friday, January 2, 2009

Backwards

Considering how horrible I felt yesterday, I feel really good this morning. Which just ticks me off. I had plans yesterday. All kinds of things I was going to get done. Vacuum the floors, clean the bathrooms, clean the kitchen, take down the Christmas decorations, wash the "weird" laundry (pillows and blankets and such), maybe even bake some bread for fun. Instead I spent my day off curled up in bed with the blanket over my head to block out the light and so I couldn't see all the things I needed to be doing.

Today, I feel like doing all those things. Even woke up early without a fight and have all kinds of energy. As I was getting dressed I kept thinking about how much I wanted to tackle the bathrooms, clean the floors. Instead, I'm about to go to work early, where I have to go to a meeting first thing that's also going to tick me off and likely ruin the rest of my day. A day I would rather spend being productive around the house. It's just... wrong.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

For what it's worth, I hope you feel better tomorrow too.

mayberry said...

I completely understand. I never have the energy for the things I need to do when I have the TIME to do them.

Bleh.

From the Doghouse said...

Start the first full week of the new year right; call in sick.