Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Forgiveness

When I got home yesterday I had the Sunday paper waiting on the back of Greg's car. I had told Herman not to worry about it at this point, just see if they can find my house before next Sunday, but he hooked me up anyway. Thanks, Herman. And the best part was that I ended up with a duplicate of the good coupon insert. Awesome.

I make this point as a lesson in personal relations. I wasn't happy when I called them on Monday, and the phone jockey I talked to first was kinda short with me in return. When Herman called me back mere minutes later, he was very nice. I ended up talking to him 3 times, and he offered to personally deliver my paper if I ever have another problem (which I would never expect him to do!). His kindness and attention brought out a much better attitude in me, which created a much better result overall. I harbor no hard feelings toward the paper, mostly because of his excellent attitude. When I called back on Monday (for the second time) I was ready to just cancel the whole blasted subscription. Instead I got excellent treatment and was quite pleased. Sometimes problems happen with companies, but the true test is in how the company reacts and treats you while solving the problem.

Now I think I'm going to go find somebody at the CL to send a nice note to regarding Herman. I complain enough when I have bad service, so I make a point to pass on praise as well.

1 comment:

mayberry said...

Good for you! And good for Herman!