Thursday, November 6, 2008

Randomness

A couple of random things today:

I'm probably the only person in the country who is totally excited to be making payments for homeowners insurance and property taxes right at the end of the year. This will be the first time they haven't been paid by the mortgage escrow account. I'd much rather write both of those checks once a year than continue to make mortgage payments every month!

Second, I was thinking this morning about the whole controversy over Gov Palin's wardrobe, which was said to be going to charity after the election. Well, the election is over, and I'm wondering exactly which charity is going to be recieving those clothes. I only ask because I think we're about the same size, and she did have some cute stuff. I'm thinking that if whatever charity gets them needs somebody to pass them on to, I'd be willing to accept some of those boots or something. Just saying.

And as a side note, Mistletoe Marketplace starts today. I am happy to tell all of you who are participating this week that I will do my best not to add to the crowd you have to fight. I figure it's just a little something I can do to make your time there a little more pleasant. No need to thank me. Really. I do it because I care.*

* And because I can't tolerate the crowds and was totally miserable the one time I went. But really, I'm doing it for all of you!

6 comments:

mayberry said...

You rock.

From the Doghouse said...

(sniff) you're so unselfish!

Sandi said...

Newsweek is reporting that those clothes were worth a lot more than $150K. They're saying it was closer to $200K. During her spree, when she hit the bottom of her barrel, she got campaign staffers to use their personal credit cards to buy MORE stuff, for her kids and husband. I'm not making this up.

But yes, if you find out what charity is getting those clothes, let me know. I probably still wouldn't be able to afford those boots, but it's worth a shot.

Susan said...

Yeah, I don't really care how much they spent on her clothes. If the RNC thought that was the best use of their money, have at it. It certainly wasn't my money they were using, and that strategy didn't work out so well for them. Regardless, since I'm likely to be considered "wealthy" under the new tax plan, I could use some of her hand-me-down clothes!

The Topiary Cow said...

According to one story, Republican lawyers are going to Alaska to take the clothes back.

Link


Moo!

black betty said...

taht woman can dress!!!