Friday, August 29, 2008

Sympathies Abound

My sympathies go out to several folks today:

To Supermom, who has been told her random ear pain is TMJ. Honey, I feel your pain. Literally. And it's not fun. And no, they can't surgically remove the ear. I asked.

To Stacey and Lauren, who both have in-law evacuees in-route from New Orleans, both of which could be natural disaster situations in themselves. For both of you, just this once, I'll waive my usual rule and go bail if necessary. It's a good cause.

To Bill, my dear brother, who it appears is going to be sent to south Louisianna either right before or right after the storm hits to work on the electricals and such. I fear this may mess up his plans to go racing Saturday night. Or that he might end up without a job if I have to go GGGRRRRR at his boss if they try to send them down before the storm hits. No sense in putting them in the middle of it, they won't be much help if they end up victims themselves!

That aside, I'm well past ready to evacuate. From my office. it's been a very long week and I'm ready to call it done.