Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Couldn't Make This Up

I just saw an honest-to-goodness resume, belonging to a friend's sister, that was the most hysterical thing I've ever seen. The girl has just graduated high school* and has no real work experience but has a four page resume.

With no contact information on it whatsoever. No address, no phone number, nothing.

With very few verbs, or, you know, sentences. Just lists like the one I'm making now, only no parallel structure.

With every semester of high school honor roll, listed as separate items, as well as each nursing home choral concert.

With all high school arts/drama classes listed.

With a detailed description of an outdoor experience event, down to the hiking miles logged.

With a whole section of music experience - classical piano lesson for 14 years with blah blah blah specialty, big time recitals in music halls, duets with important people, and she was a finalist in a Carnival Cruise talent show. Yes, the talent show was listed right there with all the impressive musical experience.

She sent this to her sister to pass on to somebody regarding acceptance into some organization, but basically said, "I'll send you the one I used to get my job." Somebody gave her a job with that resume? I'm thinking I should update mine. I don't think I put "Wii Sports Tennis Pro" on there.

*This girl does not live in Mississippi, she went to a very upscale, expensive private school on the East coast.

4 comments:

clstigger said...

Oh my Kim would tear her apart!

mayberry said...

Guess things are different over there......

That's bizarre.

Susan said...

That's not bizarre, it's self-important. She told her sis she didn't really want to shorten it because all of those things were so important!

And Kim would not only have torn her apart, she would have laughed hysterically the while doing it.

From the Doghouse said...

Maybe Carnival should hire her.