Friday, July 18, 2008

A Taste of Santa Barbara

Mountains on one side, beach on the other. And Mediterranean style building everywhere in between.




Why do you think they call this Pelican Island? Hmmm...




I thought I'd throw this one in just in case you ever wondered what an $18 million yacht looks like. And yes, they mentioned it on the harbor tour we took. Apparently it belongs to the Firestone family.



These guys really made me miss my pup. He'd fit in with this group very well, except for the whole being on the water part.




And finally, a little story. When we first arrived we immediately noticed that our hotel had no air conditioning. It didn't take long to realize that it didn't actually need air conditioning, because it's darn chilly here in July. They just leave windows open all the time and the nice breeze plus ceiling fan makes everything very pleasant. We've also noticed that very few other places here have air conditioning, it's just not needed. Which is fine. Being too hot hasn't been a problem at all. But there is one other tiny little problem...



Did I say tiny? That, my friends, is a honeysuckle as big as my hand. This particular massive vine is located on the rail directly outside our hotel room window. That would be the window that stays open most of the time to catch the breeze, since there is no air conditioning. My allergies are hating me right now. For the first time ever, I'm sneezing and wheezing way more than husband. My allergy meds just can't keep up!


3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Awesome photos!

And I love that honeysuckle - I want one like that in my yard!

Glad you had such a good time.

The Topiary Cow said...

Neat. Cow wishes she were there.

Especially, on that yacht.

Moo!

Webmaster said...

Love the seals. LOL