Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In Between

It can't only be 10am.

Today is that weird day of being in between. The huge project that I have spent the past couple of months workin on was turned in 15 minutes before my deadline on Friday. It's done. Signed. In the mail. Put to rest until the actual date of the site visit is announced this fall. I spent yesterday trying to find my desk, which had been burried in a mountain of random things that had been pushed aside while I finished the reports.

Today is the challenge. I've caught up the little things, and since I'm going to be out the rest of this week I don't really want to crank up any of the other complex projects on the horizon. I'm trying to find little things to do, but I can't seem to find enough to keep my attention. I've been going full steam ahead for since February, I don't know what to do with a slow day!

I need a research project. Yes, I know it's not Friday, but it's Friday for me, so a Friday research project* is in order. I just have to figure out what it's going to be...

*Friday research projects originated when I worked at the bank and would be so beaten down by Friday afternoon that my brain would revolt. I'd spent the last few hours of my week on a Friday research project, such as figuring out why flamingos are pink (they're actually white, it their diet of shrimp that turns them pink) and other such nonsense.

5 comments:

Supermom said...

your Friday research sounds like my
mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fr research projects. =)

again, have fun!

mayberry said...

This sounds like a good idea. I might implement it myself.

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow would like to suggest "why blankets are plaid" as a suitable summer Friday research project.

No, don't thank me. It's nothing.

Moo!

From the Doghouse said...

Another one: why are tomb and comb pronounced differently?

Webmaster said...

Why did Silvester Stallone turn down roles in "Romancing the Stone" and "Beverly Hills Cop" to star in "Rhinestone"?