Monday, July 14, 2008

Captain Obvious

There is one particular teller at our bank who is quite possible the slowest human on Earth. Every time I end up at his window I can feel myself aging. We know this, and try to avoid Snail Man at all costs.

Today I had no choice. I went to make a small deposit and get out some cash for our trip. The one other customer had already claimed the speedy teller, and I was left with Snail Man. After taking a solid 5 minutes to deposit my one check, he then started the withdrawal. After studying the slip where I had filled in an amount next to "Cash Withdrawal," he pointed at it and said, "Do you want this in cash?"

No, I'd prefer it in parking tokens, please.

5 comments:

mayberry said...

*snort

You crack me up.

Webmaster said...

What's his problem?

Susan said...

I dunno. I worked in bank for 8 years and I've never seen a teller move this slow. It's like he has to stop and contemplate every move he makes. He wouldn't survive at a larger bank/branch.

From the Doghouse said...

By the time you get out of there, you may need that many parking tokens to be able to leave.

The Topiary Cow said...

Heheheheh.

Cow knows exactly which guy this is, too, at the U Credit Union. Yup, she knows.

And boy does she commiserate.

There was one time he was working the drive-through window. This was that Friday at noon when the tornado was coming. Cow was in her car desperately trying to finish the transaction before the storm struck.

Nope. Snail man had to make small talk, including "Looks like there's some weather coming." No. Really? (As the Topiary-mobile is rocked by sheets of rain and the tornado hits)

Moo!