Monday, July 28, 2008

Bright Side

It's 10:30am on Monday and I'm at home, waiting for my new washer and dryer to be delivered, which was supposed to be delivered yesterday but wasn't. Thanks, Best Buy. I canceled a trip to see my parents, Saturday morning at the Fair, and Greg's birthday dinner with his parents on Sunday, as well as missed church, just to get this done over the weekend. But I don't want to let my extreme disappointment in Best Buy's customer service ruin the entire event. I'm over my "writing a big check" jitters and am excited about my first ever new washer and dryer. Every other one I've ever had was very much well used. This one is not only new, but cool. A front loader. Mom got one a few months ago when her 15 year old washer bit the dust, and she loves it. Says it cleans clothes, especially whites, better than you can imagine. And it barely uses any water at all. I've stood and watched hers for the longest time, in awe. If nothing else, at least I'll have a couple of weeks of entertainment via laundry-vision. If it ever arrives.

So I'm not going to be grumpy. At least not to anybody who isn't a Best Buy employee. And the real bright side? My laundry room is cleaner than it's been since I finished hanging the sheet rock and laying tile many years ago. Granted, most of the contents of the laundry room have been scattered all over the living room and dining room since Saturday, but still...

11 comments:

mayberry said...

Man - I'm jealous. House paid off AND a new washer and dryer. Will you adopt me?

Susan said...

Only if you pay rent! Greg and I were discussing the irony last week - now that everything is paid for, it starts breaking! We figure every appliance in the house will be broken in the next two months, then the roof will cave in. We even worked a scenario where a tree falls just right to take out the carport, both cars, the house, most of the furniture in the living room, and the flying shrapnel takes out the majority of our kitchen appliances. All because we paid off the house.

Greg said...

You forgot the part where the tree also hits the pup's swing which then catapults into the neighbors house taking out his house as well. And since the tree was hit by a rocket ship from outerspace that the home owner's insurance doesn't cover any of it!!!

Supermom said...

has it shown up yet?

Susan said...

Ha. I did forget the part about the rocket ship. That was the best part!

And yes, it finally showed up. At 11:58. They were cutting it close. Now I just have to figure out how to run the stupid thing! If I don't get some clothes washed tonight Greg may be at work pantless tomorrow.

Supermom said...

11:58... what a crock...

Supermom said...

Greg pantless???

*shudder*

thanks for the warning

Susan said...

Not to worry, that was the FIRST load that got washed! Every pair of pants is now clean, with two new pair ordered and on the way!

The Topiary Cow said...

It is also probably a lot more energy-efficient than the old one.

Cow really hopes you're not right about the house imploding now that it's paid for (shudder)

Glad they finally came.

Moo!

From the Doghouse said...

Well? Where's the post-use review?

Webmaster said...

Seriously, I want to know too. Jealous, jealous!