Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Fun

There are worse ways to spend you birthday than ten straight hours in airports or on planes. When I found out that we would be flying home on Greg's birthday I felt bad for him, so I made some special arrangements. First there was a huge party at the Santa Barbara airport at 5am with about 500 of our closest strangers, all in line with us at the check in gate. Then there were the awesome gifts - aloe gel for his sunburn, a pack of Delta Airlines Biscotti cookies and a small mountain range just outside of Salt Lake City (hereby known as Mt. Greg). And while we couldn't get a cake past security, he did get a hot Cinnabon at the Salt Lake City airport. I even suggested we stop for a nice birthday dinner once we got back into town. I told him to go wild and order anything he wanted from the menu at Arby's. Best of all, I didn't tell every flight crew on all three flights that it was his birthday and coerce them to sing to him over the intercom. Ok, so that would have gotten me killed, but still...

Ok, so pehaps today did mostly suck as a birthday, but I did tell him that we would go out for a real birthday dinner at the sit-down-and-order restaurant of his choice tomorrow night. What I haven't told him is that I'm planning to suggest a really romantic after-dinner date. Perhaps a trip to Best Buy, with a follow up visit to Game Stop, where we have a pile of trade-in credit he can use on anything he wants. I know, I know, it's a little over the top, but we are still practically newlyweds!

(And by the way, happy birthday, honey! Love you!)

4 comments:

mayberry said...

Awww! You romantic devil you!

Happy late birthday to Greg!

From the Doghouse said...

What about the happy birthday airline roasted peanuts?

Webmaster said...

He got to spend it with you, so I'm sure he had a good birthday. :)

tank said...

I love Biscotti. That was a GREAT gift! ha