Tuesday, July 29, 2008

As the World Spins

The world is spinning, partially because I feel like a bus hit me. Woke up at 3am with a sore throat and have felt horrible all day. Greg's had a sore throat since the weekend, so I'm not hopeful that it will be short lived. I don't think I can deal with another 3 week crud like we had in April/May.

However, at least we have clean clothes! Watching the clothes turn in the new front-load washer is awesome, and the spin cycle goes so fast you can't hardly see the clothes inside. And the new dryer... sigh. Even the inside pockets of Greg's shorts got dry, on the first cycle. That's never happened unless I ran the extra long cycle and made a point to turn them inside out before putting them in. Even the little noise it makes when you turn it on is quite pleasant. I am a little nervous about all the sensors and computerized stuff on it. More to break. Greg asked if it had a hard drive. It probably does. Come to think of it, I read something in the instructions about customized wash cycles that can be saved in memory, so it probably does have a hard drive!

Meanwhile, my face hurts. I think I'm going to run downstairs and get some OJ so I can take more ibuprofen.

2 comments:

mayberry said...

Poor thing.

Hope y'all feel better soon.

Webmaster said...

Arg, that's the pits ... hope you're all better now. :)