Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Run For the Border

As I've mentioned before, as crazy as things get at work, every now and then the kooks I work with just crack me up. For example, I've been a bit anxious about a $60,000 grant check that I was supposed to get in May, which as of last week had not yet been sent. The money is for the program run by Bosses #5 & 6.

Today I get this email from Boss #4, which was sent to Bosses #5 & 6:

"I received a $60,000 check from (lovely people giving us money) in the mail today. I'm halfway to the Mexican border with the cash ... adios hombres !"

(For the record, my reply was, "WAIT FOR ME!")

5 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Tacos for everyone!

Supermom said...

that's hilarious!

Webmaster said...

That's a lot of margaritas. :)

Susan said...

For this group, it may not be enough margaritas! I did go by Boss #4's office later, pointed my thumb-and-finger gun at him and said, "Give me all your money or I'll make you a fellowship program director, give you the responsibilities of 3 full time jobs, and pay you 1/3 of what a real doctor would make at a private hospital." He screamed like a girl and threw the check at me. (And yes, that does fully describe his current job.)

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow has always thought that's how grants really should work.

Moo!