Monday, June 23, 2008

The Muffin Mission

Ok, so yes, I know better than to try to bake anything after work on a Friday when I'm out of medication. That didn't stop me from making muffins.

They turned out ok despite my best efforts to ruin them. I went to the grocery store Friday evening to pick up the last few things I needed to make the muffins (and, you know, groceries...). I got home and realized I didn't have a single paper muffin cup. Not true, I had a box with a total of one paper cup in it, so I did have one. I just didn't have 12. Add to that my usual round of idiotness - wrong size box of pudding mix, so let's just guestimate, oh wait, I was suppoed to feed it again before I started, I probably should have used used applesauce instead of oil but since I don't have any, hmmm, probably shouldn't have added the cinnamon to the cholocate chips ones... And hang on, you know, it'd probably work better if I used real milk to feed the starter rather than the lactose free milk I always buy...

Sigh. At least they turned out ok, just not Lauren-good. Greg gave them two nom's up, which is pretty good. We've eaten over half of the two dozen I made. Mom's bringing me some fresh blueberries from Grandma's house when she comes in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I can get it closer to right before I start experimenting with those!

5 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

You've got the tester out of the way to work out the kinks, now the next ones will rock!

mayberry said...

I have this image in my head of you working in the kitchen on these things! =) HA! The wrong size pudding/muffin cup drama SO sounds like me!

Maybe I should get tested for ADD........

clstigger said...

I think I need some of the next batch of these muffins!

Susan said...

Lauren's supposed to be sending me her official recipe so maybe I can do at least get closer to the mark next time. As with any baking, it takes practice. And I certainly don't mind eating the evidence.

Webmaster said...

Muffins are so dang good. And yours sound yummy!