Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Trying. Really, I Am

Sometimes I'm just really really bad at being part of the human race. Seriously. But I'm trying. I at least remembered that yesterday was a Hallmark kind of day, even if I didn't get a single card in the mail and didn't get around to making the important phone calls until 7:30 or 8 last night, thus only finding one of my victims available. That said,

Happy Father's Day, Dad and Dad-in-Law!

Happy Birthday Sharonda!!!!

And to Lynn, love you girl, been thinking about you this weekend.

I've been a bit overwhelmed lately and that's not going to change any time soon. I never got a birthday card in the mail to Mom, either. Chances are Mom and Dad won't get an anniversary card next week, but hopefully I'll remember to send an email reminding Dad. We did get newphew Randy's birthday card in the mail in time to arrive on his birthday last week, but that was greatly due to the fact that we were mailing his gift with it and, well, Greg was involved.

Hopefully I'll remember to keep trying to get Lynn this week. It's a hard one for her. Yesterday marked five years since she lost her father (my Uncle Lacy) to lung cancer, and having that fall on Father's Day couldn't have been easy. His birthday would have been this upcoming weekend, which always seems to compound the memories and grief. I may be a big giant loser when it comes to getting cards in the mail and calling people on their birthday, but I don't want to let this one go by without at least a little show of support.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Just do what you can do. Best of luck.

Webmaster said...

Hang in there. :)

The Topiary Cow said...

Now that email is here, it's such a pain to do snail mail. Envelopes, stamps, getting to the post office.
Moo!

Susan said...

Sadly, I used to be really good at doing snail mail, even as recently as five or six years ago. Email's great for staying caught up and chatting about stuff, but for Hallmark days I used to at least drop an inexpensive card in the mail. You know, that little extra step that shows you made an effort? I do good to even remember days now, much less to actually remember in time to get to a store to pick out a card and mail it!