Saturday, May 31, 2008

Selling the Garage

The garage sale is done. There is much less junk in our house, 3 small boxes of leftover stuff on the curb, and we're a little over $300 closer to freedom from the mortgage. Except I think some people just stopped and got some of the stuff on the curb. I took a marker and wrote "Garbage or Free to Good Home" on all three boxes.


Every year I swear I'll never do this again, but I always do. It's exhausting, it's a tremendous amount of work, but in this case it was worth $300. And being able to walk in our office.

Now I have a big decision to make that I'm debating over. Do I get on the couch and be very still with the pup for the rest of the afternoon, give up and just go to bed, or simply sit where I'm at for a while and not move. The bed would be comfy, but the couch is much closer. Staying where I'm at, of course, requires the least amount of movement, but I'm sitting upright which isn't quite as good as being horizontal. I dunno. I'll have to think about it for a minute or two.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

So, what did you decide?

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Oh you are a cleaning out angel, b/c I can't do Yard sales... I tried once hmmmm the lady who came and they to buy all my stuff $200.00 got on my nerves...So my kudos to you... :)

Susan said...

I chose to sit for long enough to build up the minimum enegry needed to go to bed, where I stayed until after 5!

And I guess I tolerate them better than most because I'm usually more focused on getting rid of junk than making a lot of money. If anybody had offered me 200 bucks for everything on Saturday, I'd have taken it. Except the DVD's. We sold an entire box of those first thing for $100. Clearly, we only netted $200 for everything else anyway! Would simply have saved me time and energy. I always end up giving away a ton of stuff for free as well. It quickly turns into a buy-on-get-one event.

Webmaster said...

Good for you!