Thursday, May 1, 2008

Please

I've noticed that sometimes the more I have on my mind the less inclined I am to write about it. I was thinking about that driving in to work this morning while the DJ's were talking about the National Day of Prayer.

The past week has been a wild roller coaster ride, not so much because of anything going on with me, but because of some extremely difficult times someone I care about deeply is going through. It's one of those things you want so desperately to fix for them, but there isn't a thing you can do to help other than just listen and be there for them.

I was giggling a little at the talk about the National Day of Prayer because for me I feel like I've had the National Week of Prayer. One night I literally sat in my floor, started to pray for my friend, and all I could do was repeat the word please over and over again. I don't even know what I was asking for, but somehow I figured God knew what I meant.

I noticed during all of this that I have been disinclined to blog. About that or much of anything. I was reminded of Mayberry taking a break from her blog to reconnect with God, and I realize that's kinda how I was feeling. It's not something I wanted to talk about, it wasn't something I wanted to share with anybody, but the need to pray was stronger than the need to talk about anything else. So that's pretty much what I've done for the past week. I've posted about being sick, but nothing else. Nothing seemed important.

We still don't know how the situation is going to end, but I've seen an interesting series of events taking place. I have no intention of sharing the story, it's not mine to share, but at some point I think I may want to share the process. I'm seeing some things that I believe are nudges from God, perhaps an answer to my prayer of please, but as my former minister used to say, "If you're 100 steps away from God, he will take 99 of them. The last one is up to you." I don't know if this person is anywhere near taking that last step, somehow I think that is still a long way off, but I think they've at least glanced in that direction. It's a start.

3 comments:

mayberry said...

Sometimes we don't know WHAT to pray but know we NEED to pray. This post made perfect sense to me. My prayer for you is that your faith will remain strong as you lift up the difficult situation on your mind.

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit incedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26, 27

Webmaster said...

I wondered if you were OK. Thanks for posting the explainer.
[hugs]

From the Doghouse said...

I don't even know what I was asking for, but somehow I figured God knew what I meant.

Man, do I know that feeling.