Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Big Question

Last Thursday before I went home sick one of my dear co-workers, who really is one of my favorite people in the world, said to me,

"You're not pregnant, are you?"

I'm pretty sure at the time I just stared at her, then decided it was time to go home. Since then I've put some thought into it. If being pregnant means having a nine month sinus infection/bronchitis/coughing/sneezing/ebola, then I think I'll pass.

I was reminded of it this morning when a different coworker came in not feeling very well and yet another lady in the office asked her the same question. Her response was something like, "What's wrong with you people???"

9 comments:

mayberry said...

Within the first couple of years of a new marriage it seems like the most perfectly natural obnoxious question for people to ask if you so much as sneeze twice in a row.

I hate it when people do that.

Susan said...

Oh, it's not just the first couple of years, it's until you actually produce offspring. I have a BFF whose sister has been married about 8 years. They're still hearing it. My newest response is to say, "No, I thought you were."

From the Doghouse said...

You still haven't answered the question.

;)

Susan said...

Well then, by all means...

Absolutely NOT pregnant. But thanks for asking! =)

clstigger said...

Now I understand your comment when you got in my car for lunch today. Ha! I think we should rent a bilboard if they day ever happens that way everyone will know!

Susan said...

I told you, it was a theme today!

I think if it ever happens I'm going to keep telling people that I'm NOT pregnant, even at 8 and 9 months. Just to poke them with a stick. Then, after the birth, tell them we adopted.

mayberry said...

I think that would be freakin hilarious!

Supermom said...

Casper will NOT have any of that!

Susan said...

That's actually my biggest fear about having kids. He's not going to take it well. At ALL.