Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today's Character Lesson: Sharing

You know how a lot of the elementary and middle schools will do character trait theme months? You'll drive by and the sign out front will say, "This month's character trait is: Respect" or something like that? Well, today at the Farm we're celebrating a very important character trait. Sharing.

Greg has been so good about taking care of me while I've been sick. He's made sure I was fed and made runs to the pharmacy late at night for different drugs. He's brought me home from work in the middle of the day when I just couldn't do anymore. He's done everything he possibly could to make me comfortable and facilitate my recovery. Out of appreciation for his devotion, I am now inclined to practice sharing.

He's in bed with a low grade fever and feels like a bus hit him. I know that bus. It left me in its dust earlier this week. Don't mention it, honey, you're welcome. Glad I could share.

Sigh. Good thing I'm starting to recover so I can take care of him now!

3 comments:

mayberry said...

Ah. One of the things you don't think about when you're in love and ready to commit your life and love to another - COOTIES!

From the Doghouse said...

Mama says you're 'posed to share ...

Susan said...

heh. Cooties. I do feel terrible for passing it on, but it's impossible not to when you're in the same house sharing a full size bed!