Monday, April 28, 2008

On My Mind

Things that are on my mind at 4:30 in the morning:

1. Calculating how much comp time I'd actually built up this month vs how many hours I actually ended up taking off in 2-4 hours spurts when I first got sick last week. We have the dumbest rule ever where when you're sick the first 8 hours has to be taken from personal leave, then the rest can be taken from sick time, but it has to be consecutive. None of my time last week was consecutive, so anything I actually turn in would be personal time, plus Monday. I have to go in at least half a day on Tuesday for a class so that would reset the personal leave clock again. But I think I had about 10 hours comp time, so hopefully I won't have to turn in any of last week.

2. The weeds are taking over my back yard and I'm not sure how to best get rid of them. I'd rather crowd them out with good grass than use a chemical week killer, but that generally requires a good bit of continued care for the grass to grow well. I'm not very good at continued care. And did I mention my hubby is completely allergic to grass?

3. I wanted to put my sprouts in bigger pots this weekend, but I need to acclimate them to being out in the sunshine first. There was no sunshine this weekend. And I don't think I had enough energy to plant them anyway. But they've pretty much stopped growing, so I need to do something with them soon.

4. I wonder if I could play Wii pinball with the sound muted so as not to wake up the rest of the house. Greg's already had to get up to answer a page in the middle of the night, I don't think he'd be happy to wake up again to Gordie on the Taxi table yelling, "You give to me ride!" But the sound is pretty important to the game at times, so I don't know how well that would work.

5. What am I talking about? I need to be asleep, not playing pinball!

7 comments:

mayberry said...

Still praying that you will feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

Supermom said...

Mario Kart was fun but hard. That from just playing last night about 1/2 hour. I was horrible at it coming in last every time.

I reserved Wii Fit yesterday. yeah right. Sigh.

Supermom said...

oh, and by the way... are you feeling any better?

Susan said...

Just woke up, which is a good thing. Still feel like the bus hit me. If I could make the coughing stop for more than an hour or so I think I'd feel much better.

We broke down and bought Mario Kart last night, deciding we'd get more for our trade in's if we waited for a special on trades toward Wi-Fit. I suck at Kart but am getting better with practice. I don't drive backwards nearly as often now! Greg, of course, can breeze through it.

From the Doghouse said...

Headphones!

Webmaster said...

Can you take a Tylenol PM or something to help you sleep at night?

The Topiary Cow said...

Yeah that sick leave rule is so stupid.

Plus because of it you end up taking the second day, or third day, when you might otherwise come back for half-day or something. It just makes everyone stay out sick longer.

At least you get comp time. Cow's shop doesn't allow that for the workers, only for management.

Moo!