Friday, April 4, 2008

Hoping for the Best

I decided I better post before I leave work, since I don't really expect to have power when I get home. Why? Because I'm stupid. I intentionally didn't wash Greg's work pants last night so I could wash them tonight and throw in the ones he wore today. You see, he leaves for a work trip tomorrow and will need to take most of them with him. Except they're all still in the dirty laundry.

Thus, major storm, massive destruction, and power is out all over Clinton, including most likely the power that runs my washing machine. Let's hope the power poles that snapped on Northside Drive weren't the ones that ran lines to my house. Oh wait, let's hope there isn't another giant tree down, this time on my house. The damage on Northside is very, very close to our neighborhood. The good news, I've checked in with my dad and my brother already. Last I heard from Bill he hadn't made it home yet so he didn't know about damage, but everything was okay on the farm in Philly. All that's left is to see if our house is still intact and make sure the pup didn't get squished.

Special Message for Casper:
Pup, I hope you didn't blow away! I know you weren't very happy when we left you inside this morning, but hopefully now you understand why. You're name's not ToTo, we didn't want you to learn to fly today!

2 comments:

Supermom said...

My husband drives me crazy cause he always takes his dry cleaning in the DAY of his trip. Then he fusses when something isn't ready at 5:00.

Webmaster said...

I don't understand how power went out in Clinton, but not over here. Our power goes out for no reason whatsoever, but during a horrendous tornadic storm, it stays on. Go figure.