Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hello, Cruel World

I'm alive. Somewhat.

I feel like I've been through a meat grinder, head first. It's 11:27 on Saturday morning, and I'm still contemplating getting out of bed. How I answer that will determine if I make it to the Run this afternoon. Yesterday was hell. It started with me falling in the stairwell at work (yes, Jen, I took a digger) and ended with having one of my fellowships hit with a giant business-political wrecking ball. But in between, I heard rumors that our interviews went really well. From my perspective, it was chaos, so I'm glad to hear that our guests didn't notice.

I thought when I fell yesterday that I hurt my knee, skinned up my knuckles, and banged my face. This morning I think I can add jarred my shoulder, as it hurts more than the knee right now. Frankly, I never stopped moving until I fell into bed yesterday, so I could have been in pain lots of places and just didn't know it. My knee didn't start seriously hurting until I sat down for 5 minutes to visit with some of our family in the waiting room at Day Surgery. When I stood back up I was limping.

Still contemplating that shower. I want to go, but it seems very far away. At least... ten, maybe even twelve steps. Maybe I'll take a nap first.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

You can still join us in the volunteer camp.

Susan said...

I shoulda. I'd already sent in my registration, and I a least wanted my shirt! Just having trouble getting motivated to move today. I just want to curl up in a ball with my pup under the bed in the dark and stay a while. Except he'd probably push me out.

Supermom said...

Oh man you shoulda limped there. I so was almost dreading opening my mouth to say I would go. Kicking myself all the way for agreeing to volunteer...

IT WAS SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!

I'm hooked. I'll be there next year FOR SURE!!!

mayberry said...

You fell. Down the stairs. That SUCKS! Bless your heart! I could have cried when I read your post!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Webmaster said...

Hope you're feeling better today ...

Susan said...

Actually, I fell up the stairs. With bags of bottled water in each hand. It took talent.

Feeling much better today, but I was evicted from my office first thing this morning so they could install carpet. Of course they haven't actually started yet.

Susan said...

And Supermom, I knew it would be a blast. I've worked several races over the years and always had a great time. I was just too close to exhaustion and a breakdown to function on any level Saturday!

Supermom said...

Glad you are feeling a little bit better today! Are you bruised much?

Susan said...

The only visible bruise was my knee. Can't believe my face didn't bruise. I just knew I'd look like I'd been in a bar fight by the time our candidates arrived at 8am. Didn't have time to see a mirror until after lunch on Friday!

My new carpet is now, at 4:33pm, being installed. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually have my computer back!

CluckyRN said...

Something for you to ogle when you return:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=20708

It's my BFF's gallery-note cards with photos of REALLY REAL FLAMINGOs on them. WOW.

I've had days like that.
~:>

From the Doghouse said...

Hope you're OK!