Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Gold Star of the Week Goes To...

I didn't mention this in my other posts because I really felt it deserved its own.

My husband is awesome. Remember that whole, "Last week was a nightmare" thing? Well, not only was he very supportive of the fact that I was going slowly insane, he went out of his way to make it better.

I mean things like running to the Clinton Visitor's Center on his first day back from his trip because I couldn't seem to get out there before they closed to get the visitor guides for my candidate goodie bags.

Things like making dinner magically appear on nights when I just couldn't.

Things like making a special trip home in the middle of the day Thursday to get his bowling gear because I was stupid and offered to pick a candidate up at the airport late that afternoon, not thinking about the fact that we'd carpooled and wouldn't have time to get home before Greg had to go back across town for bowling.

Things like making an early run to pick up the breakfast I'd ordered for Friday morning so that I could go ahead and get to work to set things up, and then waited 20 minutes while they finished up the order that they told me was ready when I'd called.

Things like making darn sure I ate lunch on Friday, which I hadn't managed to do on my own all week.

He takes good care of me. I'm a lucky girl.

6 comments:

mayberry said...

Awww. That's true love.

Supermom said...

a gold star? that's it? that's all he gets for all of that?

man. he's getting gypped.

Susan said...

You just haven't seen the list of services he can trade that star in for!

From the Doghouse said...

Do gold stars carry more weight than brownie points?

Susan said...

Of course! Brownie points can add up to gold stars. Notice in this particular example there were probably 2-5 brownie points per example, which all added up to a gold star! Greg has lots of gold stars.

Webmaster said...

Aw ... what a sweet post. Sounds like he's lucky to have you, too!