Sunday, April 6, 2008

Geezum Petes

For those of you who are out of state, the Clarion Ledger has a photo gallery of local area damage, and here's NWS description of the damage in Jackson from Friday's storm (yes, I'm ripping off the link from MR's blog). Jen, I hope your new office building held up. Sounds like the EF-2 was close to our old apartment. Yet another reason I'm so glad we moved away from Old Canton Road! Lauren - did Bryce and Rebecca come through OK? I was thinking their house was near that area as well.

And here's the damage to Vicksburg/Warren County. The tornado that touched down on Warrior's Trail was waaaaay to close to the home where I grew up, which happens to be where my brother still lives. Yikes. Luckily he had no trees on the house. He didn't say exactly how many were down in the yard, and I wish I'd stopped by on my way through town this afternoon to take a look. I thought the Vicksburg Evening Post might have a picture gallery, but apparently they weren't even able to print their Saturday edition due to the power outage. They did post online and the picture from the story on the front page is from the roof of my high school.

In case you didn't notice, I'm both terrified and totally fascinated by our crazy weather. But I also know from being in Arkansas this weekend that most people outside of our local area had no idea what was going on. Lynn's in-laws were driving through Jackson around noon, on their way to her house, and ended up pulling off in Clinton to let the worst of it pass through. When I told them what they had almost driven through they were shocked. They had no idea.

No comments: