Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Eruption of Mt. St. Vaporizer, and Other Nonsense

Yes, I'm sitting at home, after giving up trying to work and coming home at lunch today, watching my vaporizer erupt. It was a little scary at first. I refilled it, plugged it in, crawled back in bed, and the next thing I new it was bubbling water out of the steam vent, filling the little basin where the medicated goop lives, and spilling watery goop everywhere. Perhaps it's time to clean it out.

That aside, can someone explain this to me (oh wait Doghouse already did, I work for the state!):

I work for a healthcare facility.

I have benefits, including health insurance and a flexible benefit plan for out of pocket healthcare expenses, through my employer's plan.

When I went to see a doctor today at my employer's clinic, seven floors down from my office, I discovered that my own employer does not accept our employer sponsored flexible benefit plan.

To make it worse, the stupid doctor wouldn't give me a decadron shot. What kind of crazy quacks are we employing/training anyway???

8 comments:

Nicole Bradshaw said...

OK, something is SERIOUSLY whack with the healthcare issue. As one of my former colleagues once said to me "I think HR is the true dark side."

Stacey said...

Coocoo!!

Feel better soon. *e-hugs*

Susan said...

Coo coo for Cocoa Puffs? Quite possibly. But since I went ahead and paid for it anyway, hopefully I won't have any reason to deal with billing! Hopefully.

And they wonder why it's so hard to get employees to use our own services. It's because they make it so darn hard! And won't give me a decadron shot. At least it gives us one more thing to make fun of. We take our fun where we can get it.

From the Doghouse said...

They won't take their own insurance. That's just too rich.

BTW, if you drop just a pinch of salt in the water, your vaporizor won't overflow. No clue why this works.

Susan said...

Oh, they'll take the insurance, if you've met your deductable, which I haven't of course, because I DON'T EVER GET SICK. Blah. They just won't take the flexible benefit plan that is supposed to pay the out of pocket on the deductable. Which basically makes it useless. And that's exactly why I didn't get my prescription filled out at our pharmacy, but instead took it to Walgreens, which DOES take the flex card!

The Topiary Cow said...

Was doc a D.O.?

More and more they're sliding these guys in, in place of MDs and their care is not at the same level, in Cow's experience.

Moo!

Susan said...

She was MD. I checked. I don't mind seeing a DO, I just wondered after my conversation with her!

Webmaster said...

My, my ... You need to report that to someone higher up, hon.