Monday, March 3, 2008

Up and Down and Out

So despite all of the insanity of last week, it turned out to be a good one. Both of the big meetings I worked so hard on went very well, better than expected even. I was worn out by the end of the week, but felt like I'd made a good bit of progress.

And that's the excuse I'm using for having slept somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 hours yesterday. It wasn't exactly on purpose, as evidenced by the fact that at one point I ended up sound asleep for several hours in the middle of the hardest, least comfortable living room floor known to man. I woke up a few times long enough to think, "I really need to get up off the fl... zzzzzzz." Don't ask how I ended up in the floor. All I know is I was getting up from the couch to go work in the yard and then I was asleep in the floor. I didn't really become completely awake and functioning until around 7pm.

I absolutely hate it when I do that, but every now and then it happens and I seem to have no control over it. I blame the fact that I wore my self out last week at work, but then I have to wonder why I didn't crash on Saturday. I dunno, but I feel like I wasted a perfect day to work in the yard and get some cleaning done.

And, of course, my apologies to Stacey. I hate that I missed your one day a week online.

5 comments:

Supermom said...

you crack me up

Webmaster said...

I'll get you a helmet for your birthday. :)

Susan said...

I'd take a nice comfy pillow! After I ended up in the floor Greg gave me one of the couch pillows and blankets, so at least I had that.

Webmaster said...

Hope you've got carpet and not hardwood!

Susan said...

Carpet. Over concrete. And not a whole lot of padding in between. I don't know how I was able to actually sleep.