Monday, March 24, 2008

Time Off

My extra days off last week ultimately led to me taking time off from a lot of my routine activities, inlcuding being online. I hardly turned on my computer Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, except to find a recipe or two, walk my mom through the basic navigation of blog-land, and, of course, check my basketball brackets. To be honest, I barely looked at email and I don't think I read hardly any blog posts for three days. I was just busy doing other things and enjoying the nice weather. It was the most productive I've been in months, and I loved it. I hung out with my husband. I played in the dirt. I threw meat (and pineapple!) on the grill. I spent some time with the in-laws. I played a good bit of pinball on the Wii. I cleaned part of my house. I watched more basketball than I have in my entire life. I even learned to understand some of it. It was the first time I've ever taken time off and stayed home to do domestic stuff. All in all in was a perfect balance of things I needed to get done and things I wanted to do.

Now on to five weeks of constant motion, travel, events, and weekend plans.

9 comments:

Supermom said...

sounds like a perfect, long, nice weekend!

Webmaster said...

Sounds like my weekend. :)
Belated Happy Easter to you.

From the Doghouse said...

It's amazing how rarely we look back at the weekend and say we did what we set out to do. And how good we feel when we actually do.

CluckyRN said...

Girl, I was elbows deep in dirt all weekend. Dang, but it felt GOOD.

And news for you-I now have a flock (4) of flamingos in my new bed in the FRONT OF THE HOUSE! I will take pics and post soon!

~:>

CluckyRN said...

Oh, and you MUST go to MPB online and look at the Gestalt Gardener page. Look for the pics of "The Radio Garden." I immediately thought of YOU!!!

http://www.mpbonline.org/radio/programs/GestaltGardener/images/080314/Mr.%20Potato%20Head%

CluckyRN said...

Well just go here then:

http://www.mpbonline.org/radio/programs/GestaltGardener/index.htm

Look at the pics-you will see!
~:>

CluckyRN said...

cusscusscusscuss

You're so smart, YOU figure it out.
~>:<

Susan said...

HA! I got the link to work (it came through correctly on my email). I love it! Can't wait to see you yard birds. I think everybody should have mingos on display! I really have to get pictures of the giant inflatable ones we got as a wedding gift (thanks Lauren!).

Supermom said...

LOL@clucky