Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Perspective

I think it's fitting that today is my one year anniversary at the U. Yes, it's crazy insane busy right now, but I can always look back on March 5 and say, "It could be worse." Yes. I could still be at the bank. As it is, I'm busy, but feel like I'm being productive and making progress with a system that's been bogged for more years than I can imagine. Small steps, but it's still progress.

Even better, the MRC cafeteria, which has been closed for renovations since November, reopened yesterday and will be the site of our usual Wednesday lunch today. There are 5 of us who usually go out to eat for lunch on Wednesdays as a treat. We've been sort of floundering without a Wednesday lunch routine since they closed. Today we go back to our favorite on-campus lunch spot to celebrate my first year on the job.

3 comments:

clstigger said...

The question is will you get your 5year pin? Never thought I would get mine but I did before I left there. Next month will be 3 years for me here at the Center. Enjoy your anniversary day!!!!!

Susan said...

I won't even speculate on that. I jinxed myself at the bank by saying I wouldn't get my 5 year pin there!

Webmaster said...

Congratulations!