Friday, March 28, 2008

A Few Updates

1. Clucky is one of the coolest people I know. There's nothin' trashy about it.

2. I actually had one resident show up to take their rotation exam this morning. Since I only had two who were required to take it this month and one had already rescheduled for Monday, that's 100% of the expected attendance. And she was early. I was very impressed.

3. DirecTV is trying to make things better. They've said they'll credit our account for the extra $100 they charged us, and they're supposed to be coming out Tuesday afternoon to fix the DVR that doesn't work. On one hand it's good that they're willing to work with us, on the other hand it just frustrates me more because, for one, why is one rep authorized to give us a credit when two others weren't? This really shouldn't have required 3 or 4 phone calls, but I guess the lesson learned is to keep calling until you get somebody willing to give you the answer you want. Second, one of us (me) has to leave early again on Tuesday to meet the guy to fix the DVR, which will probably be the same guy who was so horribly late last week that he didn't have time to get it installed correctly in the first place. Seriously people, if we aren't at work we won't be making the money to pay for the service. Think about that.

4. I haven't given an update on my basketball brackets because I really don't want to hear from Benji. And Tennessee pretty much killed me last night, as I had them in the Final Four. That leaves me with one Final Four pick left in that group, Kansas, who I picked to win it all. In my MRBA bracket, I still have both of my championship game teams in the running, Wisconsin and Texas. My other two Final Four picks are out. I think my coin misunderstood what I was trying to accomplish.

12 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Seriously people, if we aren't at work we won't be making the money to pay for the service.

That sums it up right there.

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow likes this idea of repeatedly calling a business till they give you the answer you want to hear.

Besides which you might as well get some fun in exchange for all the time you spend on hold waiting for them.

Moo!

BENJI said...

I'll simply say :)

Supermom said...

Well, MR's mom's surgery sort of put a damper on the MRBA pool. Hard to cut up and smack talk with that going on...

I have even checked the brackets today. I need to go do that...

If I'm above you, I'll come back and talk smack with you. =)

Supermom said...

I'm back. =)

wow. That is really far down the list there, Susan... and supermom is rising to the top... oh the glory.

=P

Susan said...

blah blah blah. I'm sorry, did ya'll say something?

Benji - I guess it is better to be lucky than good. Or good looking.

Supermom - You moved up from teh bottom awful fast, you can move back down just as fast. We'll see how this evening ends!

Supermom said...

bwahahahaha.... yes we shall....

I'll raise the stakes... you win, I'll buy you lunch.


At the barfateria

BENJI said...

Don't you remember your wedding day? I'm sorry I had to outshine the bride, are you never going to let me live that down?

Geez, I said sorry!

Susan said...

Supermom- that's pretty big talk for somebody who at the bottom until yesterday.

Benji - I remember you flirting with a ten year old, and I have the pictures to prove it! I know you like them young, but dang...

CluckyRN said...

MUAH!

~:>

BENJI said...

They are the only ones who get me!

:P

Susan said...

Benji - ain't that the truth! They're the ones on your mental level.