Thursday, March 13, 2008

Alternatives

The Jackson Garden and Patio Show is this weekend. Last year I intentionaly avoided the show with every bit of willpower I had. I knew I couldn't buy anything and didn't need the temptation. This year I had decided to go.

Except, we're going to see my parents this weekend. It's our last chance to go until May.

I was a little bummed about this, until I realized something. We're going to see my parents this weekend! My mom's yard is garden show in itself, except at this show I can get plants for free. Perhaps this is the better plan after all!

In related news, I mentioned several weeks ago that I'd been browsing around on a nifty gardening website, but I'd totally forgotten how I got to that site to begin with. I'd gone there to get free seed samples! I remembered when my seeds arrived in the mail this week. I got two packs of flower seeds (assylium and cosmos) and two packs of vegetable seeds (curly-leafed lettuce and carrots). I'm pretty excited. This means I can satisfy my urge to play with seeds this spring without actually buying seeds, so when they don't grow I won't feel stupid. I have never gotten anything to grow well from seed, but for some reason I keep thinking I can.

2 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

So, no parade for you then?

Susan said...

Nope. Wouldn't go if I was in town. I went for several years, usually as a volunteer, and can't say that I ever really enjoyed it. I'm just not a big fan.