Saturday, February 16, 2008

Llamas

Tonight was the Taste of UMC. I had my camera in my hand, but somehow didn't get to the car with it. Which figures. There were quite a few things I desperately needed pictures of. Mainly, the booth two doors down, which was the Llama Cafe. I borrowed a coworker's camera and took a couple of pictures, but I don't know if I'll ever actually get them from her.

Ran into Supermom there, but only had a second to talk. The slave driver (Boss #2) was cracking the whip to get the angel food cake chopped up for the chocolate fountain treats. Also ran into a man I know from church, but again the whip cracked and I had to refill the fruit. I finally gave up and called it a night. I had been there since about 4pm and at 8 it was past time to go.

8 comments:

Supermom said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you lost your camera!! I'll ask around... what kind was it?

Susan said...

I didn't lose it, I never made it out of the house with it!

Webmaster said...

I've always wanted to go to that. Well, since I've been in Jackson anyway. It sounds like a lot of fun, slave drivers notwithstanding.

Supermom said...

oh, my bad. when I ran into you, you had a camera in hand so I sort of read into that that you never made it home... HA!

Well... I did think you were sort of calm about it.. I would have been like, "DANG IT! I lost my friggin' camera! I'm so mad!"

I'm weird.

Supermom said...

remind me next year Sandi and I'll hook you up with some tickets...

Webmaster said...

Sweet! Thanks Supermom!

From the Doghouse said...

Mmmm ... chocolate-covered llamas ...

Susan said...

I was faking calm quite a bit Saturday night anyway! One of the other women got her daughter to bring a camera, which she let me use. Of course, I don't figure I'll ever actually get the pictures...

And Doghouse, the first thing Greg said when I sent him a text that there was a Llama Cafe was, "They're serving llama???" Ha.