Thursday, February 28, 2008

Garden Monkeys

I know that most of you will find this hard to believe, but some people find it really odd that I love to shop at Big Lots. I know Stacey understands, she shares the addiction. But some people don't get it. I try to explain - Big Lots has the most random stuff that you will never find anywhere else, it's almost like being in a specialty store. This hit me last weekend while I was shopping for some random groceries and gardening tools. I was so overcome with this realization that I actually made a list of unique stuff that I wanted to buy but had the will power to resist:

1. Portable Deluxe Spa ($429???)
2. Garden Gnomes
3. Garden Monkeys
4. 6 ft lighted palm tree
5. Metal dog-shaped plant stand

Seriously, where else do find garden monkeys? I exhibited some serious will power, leaving with only my groceries and garden tools. But I'm still considering the portable spa.

6 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Garden monkeys? I'm so there!

Webmaster said...

C'mon, Susan. Buy some garden monkeys. You know you want one.

Susan said...

I do want garden monkeys. Although they're little frightening. They almost looked like the Wizard of Oz monkeys.

Supermom said...

I luv big lots... best odd food....CHEAP

and last time I was in there they had a bridge. A garden bridge. Talk about eclectic stuff...

Susan said...

I love the grocery selection there. They have brands and products that you just can't get a Kroger! Especially ethinic food and sauces.

Webmaster said...

I haven't been since we left Tupelo, but I used to love the food selection. And they carried my favorite brand of green tea, AriZona. :)