Saturday, February 9, 2008

Betrayed

I was in the kitchen chopping away on veggies for the soup I had boiling, when I got a text message from my BFF saying that favorite movie was on. Hmm. That covers a lot of ground, depending on what mood I'm in. I sent her a message back asking which one and she said to turn on channel 16. So I did.

And there it was.

My own best friend. Someone I trusted. I had been betrayed. My television contaminated. You know who you are, and you know what you did. More importantly, you know how traumatized I am by oompa loompas! Just cruel.

4 comments:

clstigger said...

Lol! I needed a good laugh. You forgot to tell them what you called me. How did your soup turn out?

Susan said...

The name I originally called you didn't seem appropriate for polite company, and I figured "evil witch" was implied!

Greg learned early about that. For a long time that movie was a favorite for promos in the tv department of Best Buy. He'd watch for it and then gently lead me in another direction. He knew that nothing would cause me to run screaming (or curl up in a whimpering ball) faster than an entire WALL of big-screen oompa loompas!

Made ham and potato soup. Figure it'll be good to eat on while Greg's gone next week. It turned out pretty tasty. Ate two bowls last night.

From the Doghouse said...

Did you use carrots in your soup?

They're oompa loompa orange.

Susan said...

No, I did not put carrots in my soup. And that does not even begin to describe my problem with oompa loompas. They're just... evil.