Sunday, February 10, 2008

5 Things - Reality Check

5 Things To Do While Greg Is Gone
(And the Reality of What I Will Do)

Greg will be out of town the first half of this week, and I've been thinking of all the nifty things I can do during my 3 nights solo. However, knowing myself as well as I do, I realize that the reality won't be nearly as cool.

1. Cook elaborate meals of things Greg won't eat.
(Reality: I'll eat cereal, pasta-in-a-box, and peanut butter from a spoon)

2. Watch some of my favorite old movies that I haven't seen in ages
(Reality: I'll watch whatever bad TV happens to be on ABC, since I probably won't be able to find the remote.)

3. Treat myself to a home spa with foot soaks, facials, and manicures
(Reality: I'll probably shower, probably won't shave)

4. Learn some yoga moves
(Reality: I'll stretch before taking an early nap after cereal, then go to bed early.)

5. Read one of the books stacked up that I've been wanting to start
(Reality: I'll move one of the books to the living room or nightstand, get distracted by whatever's on ABC, and never actually open the book.)

6 comments:

mayberry said...

At least you're honest! I have good intentions when Hubby works nights - it just never happens.

From the Doghouse said...

Put the peanut butter on a Hershey bar.

mayberry said...

Oh doghouse, I tried that before I started my diet. You were right ON my friend. That is decadent!

Susan said...

That would require buying a Hershey bar, which would require going to the store, which ain't gonna happen.

Supermom said...

OMG...I so do the 'book shuffle'..back and forth, back and forth...never cracking the cover...

Susan said...

I have one book that I think now lives in my overnight bag, which has gone back and forth to my parents house multiple times without ever actually leaving the bag. Not sure what makes me think I'll actually read anything while I'm there!