Sunday, December 16, 2007

The War Continues

For the past few weeks I've taken a break from reclaiming my house from the crap that's overtaken it, but today I got back to the battle. Greg and I jointly attacked the office and got about halfway through the sorting and the throwing out. This included getting rid of the box and packing supplies collection that we'd kept since we sold an abundance of stuff on Ebay last year.

In case you wonder how serious the crappage explosion is, I shredded medical clinic receipts from the USM student clinic dated 1997. They were in a filing cart that's just moved with me since college. I kept adding stuff to it, but never cleaned out the old files in the back. They're gone now, baby!

5 comments:

Webmaster said...

Good for you! Isn't it wonderful to get rid of the little piles? God, I hate doing that, but it sure feels good to get rid of extra "stuff." I think once we get past Christmas, we're going to walk through and de-clutter every single room. We've only lived in this house a year, and we've already accumulated waaay too much junk...

From the Doghouse said...

Good for you! Unfortunately, our house has been hit by a crap tsunami and we're still trying to wade our way out of it.

mayberry said...

When you find your way out, come to my house and help me!

Webmaster said...

That's what kids will do for you, doghouse.
[sigh]

Susan said...

I don't think I'll ever find my way out. The motivation for getting it done right now is the inevitable influx of new stuff arriving next week in the form of Christmas gifts. I fear it's a never-ending battle. I'm just trying to stay one or two rooms ahead of the avalanche.

And sadly, the only kid we have is the little short furry one that barks. I think when we do have kids I'm just going to move off and leave it all, starting over from scratch.